A bit about me...
My name is Kellie Brooks and I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. I transferred from a two-year school, Faulkner State Community College, after receiving my Associates Degree in Elementary Education. My major is elementary education. In the coming years I hope to become an elementary teacher at a school in Baldwin County. I grew up in Baldwin County and loved the schools as a student, so I am confident that I will more than love them as a teacher! I hope to teacher either fourth or fifth grade. I have a love for history and beginning in both of these grades history is more in depth than in the lower grades. I am currently engaged and plan to get married after I graduate with my Bachelor's Degree from South. I plan on immediately going to graduate school, also at South Alabama, so that I can be studying for my Master's Degree while teaching in a classroom.
My Plan as A Teacher...
My hope is to educate children with the basic curriculum, and to also ensure that they have proper social skills they will need to move on to the next year. I would also love to educate them on the history of our wonderful county. Baldwin County has an extraordinary history that our younger children never learn in schools, and I think that If they live here, then they should know all about their surroundings! Upon my students leaving my classroom I hope that they will have attained a love of reading, if they did not already have one, and also a tolerance for all subjects. I also hope that I will have taught all of my students basic organization skills and also better study habits then what they had before.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Strategies I Wish to use as a Teacher

In the classroom I will use a variety of teaching strategies. I will not only use the usual worksheets that are traditionally passed out, but I hope to make the process of learning fun. How I will do this is that I will turn worksheets and lessons into different games that the students can play in groups. This will promote group cooperation and group learning. I will also use any type of visual learning tool that is offered with every lesson. Not every student learns the same so I will try and teach lessons in way that every student can understand and comprehend what they need to know.

No comments: